top of page

The AGLC administers liquor licences for different establishments and functions in the province of Alberta

calgary and edmonton bar establishments.

Class A – open public food premises; including a manufacturer’s taproom or lounge.


Class B – public venue; specific transportation vessels.


Class C – clubs; institutions; etc.


Class D – public consumption off premises.

Contact us to help you determine which licence addresses your needs.

Liquor Licence Classes

Class E - manufacture of liquor in breweries, wineries, distilleries, and cideries.  This includes small, large, estate manufacturers and packaging licencees.


Contact us for help with your Manufacturer Licence.


Red Deer Airdrie Banff breweries.jpg
leduc and grand prairie alberta events.j

Permits licencee to resell alcohol beverage products for public community, commercial or auction events.


Permits licencee private resale or non-sale of alcohol beverage products to invited guests or members.

Special Events

Alberta operates as a private liquor retailing model and has many different classes of licences.

Licences are issued for a one-year period and carries a respective fee for each.

Subclasses of licences or permits exist for specific licence categories – like the Class A or D licence for off-sale or lounge licence permitting a Class E manufacturer to sell their product off or on their premises.

Licences are issued once all governing bodies obligations are met.

Learn more about us and our services and how we can help you.

A Liquor Licence comes with great responsibility and accountability

calgary skyline alberta.jpg

Protect your legal-age customers from alcohol overindulgence – it is your right to refuse the sale of additional alcoholic beverages to an intoxicated patron.


Comply with AGLC Inspectors and Police Officer inspections.


Kindly turn away intoxicated persons from entering your premises.


Ensure your staff is trained and certified to serve alcohol.


…and many more.

Your Obligations

calgary and edmonton architecture.jpg

Theirs is to ensure you are protecting your customers from alcohol overindulgence through inspection of your premise, liquor acquisition and financial operations; identifying underaged patrons, among others.


Inspections can be conducted by either an AGLC Inspector or Police Officer to ensure compliance with the Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Act (GLCA) and Regulation (GLCR)


Can recommend and/or lay charges in violation of the Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Act (GLCA).

AGLC Obligations

Each licence comes with its own set of responsibilities and accountabilities.

It is pertinent that you understand all materials available for you by the AGLC and to become familiar with the Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Act (GLCA) and Regulation (GLCR).

If you’re unsure of your obligations – then contact us for assistance, no commitment necessary.

bottom of page